Thursday, July 3, 2008

HOTM Homeschool Conference

Can you believe I have been homeschooling for 10 years now and have never been to a homeschool conference? Ever? That's sadly true. I came close one year lol. Florida's conference is held in Orlando and one year it actually coincided with a trip we had planned to Disney World. So I got all excited and started saving money (that darn conference costs $80! Honestly, I didn't like the prospect of paying so much money for people to sell me stuff.) Alas, our plans changed and I didn't make it. Now Heart of the Matter online is holding a "Virtual Conference" at the end of July. I entered two different contests trying to win a ticket! But I didn't win. So I signed up today...hey, it's only $19.99 for the early bird special and that includes some downloads from Currclick, so I figured it's worth it. If anything, anything at all, I'll get to spend a few days being re-inspired and re-motivated for starting my 10th year of homeschooling. That's actually priceless. :)

2 comments:

  1. Great link. Thanks for the info. Will have to check this out.

    I went to the FL convention one time. It's GREAT but yes VERY expensive. It was cheaper because I belonged to a homeschool group here in FL, but still too much money for me to spend, so I can spend more money on books..LOL.. just doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you there! Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!