Monday, August 17, 2009

Book Review: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Guernsey-cover Oh my.  I finished this book in 3 days.  It

is truly a delight!  It’s been a while since I’ve come across a book so fresh, sweet, endearing and just plain fun to read.  It is written in the form of letters and telegrams to and from and about the various lovable characters.  It’s a story of war, loss, pain, friendship and love.  It is tragic and humorous at the same time.  It’s plot is presented so gently and yet still you will be turning those pages to discover the ending.  You will love getting to know these characters and be yearning for more.  I highly highly recommend this one!  This is just my humble opinion, I borrowed the book from the library (although I would gladly pay to have it in my personal collection) and simply like to share my thoughts.  Or like to share my simple thoughts.  Or thought it would be simple to share.  Hmmm.  Just read the book. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have this on my library list. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!