Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Some Motivation For Me!

So you may or may not remember I am on a weight loss adventure, begun in August of this year and somewhat chronicled at this blog.  Well, I found another blogger also on this tedious journey (but with a way cooler blog for it…why didn’t I think of using a Twilight theme??) who will be hosting weekly weigh ins with the option of yapping a bit as well.  I’m all into weight loss and yapping so I’m jumping on this bandwagon for sure!  I will still post my exercise and eating entries at the other blog but will do weekly weigh ins here…just to bug you ‘cause I love you.

I made it through Thanksgiving with no gain!  No loss either, but no gain.  I am at 156 and stuck there for life it seems.  However two sets of in-laws at our Thanksgiving dinner actually noticed that I had lost weight.  No one else has noticed yet so I was pretty excited about that.  13 pounds doesn’t make that much of a difference in clothes and appearance, but has made a big difference in how I feel.  I can run/jog on the track.  I can do the jumps and hops on my exercise dvd’s and not “modify” those moves.  I can do lunges holding 5 pound weights and not take breaks.  Nice.  Lesson learned?  It’s not always so much about how you look, but how you feel.  But I am ready to feel even better lol so I am not giving up yet.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Great for you Julie, I'm so glad you are joining in too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! It's so hard, isn't it? I've been exercising since January and slowly changing my ways. I can now put my hand and arm down the side of all of my skirts - so something is good. But I'm NOT weighing myself. I think that becomes too obsessive. But to think of it in terms of vampires??? Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, absolutely don't give up! I hit a plateau after a nearly 40 pound weight loss three years ago. Ultimately, I got frustrated, gave up, and gained it all back plus some. *sigh*

    What I wouldn't give to be starting now where I was then. No matter what happens this time around, I have vowed not to lose whatever ground I've gained when I hit that inevitable plateau.

    Thanks for weighing in this week! I look forward to continuing this journey with you. Praying that you get over the hump soon...and long before you get frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check out this site, I need to lose so bad. it is really hard to get motivated during the holidays.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!