Monday, April 18, 2011

Product Review: Hormel Compleats Kids Meals

80044

Thanks to Shespeaks, the boys and I had the chance to review some new microwave meals made just for kids.

Compleats_Kids_Large

Hormel Compleats Kids Meals are designed to be easy to prepare, tasty and nutritional.  They are ready to eat in a time-saving 45 seconds and come in four kid-friendly flavors;  Spaghetti and Meatballs, Pasta & Chicken, Beef Ravioli and Macaroni and Beef.  Each variety is less than 300 calories, low in fat, and contains 3g of fiber.  They come in colorful, compact packages that make them a good on-the-go meal option.

Both my younger boys were with me when I opened the box with the meals inside.  Right away ds3, my 10yo, grabbed the Beef Ravioli and asked if he could make it for a snack.  I agreed and stood back to see just how he would fare preparing the meal on his own.  He easily read the simple directions on the back, popped the kit in the microwave and 45 seconds later was digging in.

IMG_2635

He really enjoyed it!  I was impressed with how evenly the product cooked.  It was not too hot to handle, yet didn’t have any cold spots either.  I also think Hormel did a good job with the packaging, making it fun and appealing yet still quite functional.  While the meals are designed with kids in mind, my teenager gobbled up the Spaghetti and Meatballs and I enjoyed the Macaroni and Beef.

The Hormel website has product information and a ton of fun ideas for keeping kids active.  My boy’s favorite suggestion was building an obstacle course.  Hmm, with 4 boys it often feels like my house is an obstacle course lol.

In the spirit of full disclosure, Hormel Foods provided samples of Hormel® Compleats® Kids Microwave Meals for me and my family to try. No payment was given and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!