Friday, April 29, 2011

TOS Review: Greek N Stuff

My%20Logo

Greek “N” Stuff offers Greek and Latin curriculum and Bible studies for preschool through high school aged students.  The boys and I received the “Hey Andrew, Teach Me Some Greek!” Level 1 Worktext to review.

Gr-01-wb This resource is a straightforward workbook designed to teach younger students how to read and write the Biblical Greek alphabet.  There are twenty-four lessons, one for each letter.  Each lesson begins with an introduction to the new letter and simple directions on how to pronounce and write it.  Subsequent pages provide more writing practice and exercises in recognition.  Flashcards are provided in the back of the workbook, and there is a prompt at the bottom of each page of the workbook to remind students to add new flashcards and review previously covered ones.

IMG_2902   

Ds4, my 6yo 1st grader, used this product.  The lessons were short enough that he didn’t get bored or frustrated, and he enjoyed checking the “I practiced my flashcards today” box on each page.  I found the layout of the workbook clean and simple, yet not too dull to capture a child’s attention.  It was very easy to implement this program into our schooling with little prep on my part (and what homeschooling mom doesn’t love that?”)

Keeping in mind that I find this to be an effective and high quality resource, we did not complete the workbook.  Ds4 is still getting a grasp on the English language and I found it a bit too distracting to have him learning Greek at the same time.  It’s just not something I personally feel we need to pursue at this age and time.  If I were looking for a Greek curriculum to use with a young student, this resource would certainly fit the bill.

Hey Andrew, Teach Me Some Greek!” is available in 8 levels.  The Level 1 student workbook is $14.95.  The Greek “N” Stuff site offers many companion pieces for purchase, such as answer keys, quizzes, flash cards on a ring holder and even a pronunciation cd.

I received a copy of “Hey Andrew, Teach Me Some Greek!” Level 1 student workbook to facilitate this review.  I received no further compensation.  To see other TOS Crewmember reviews of Green “N” Stuff products, click on the banner below.

HSCrewHeader

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I would also not want to be teaching Greek to my 6yo son now either. He is still trying to get down reading English!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!