Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dinner Tonight


Was pretty darn good lol! I tried out a recipe from a Betty Crocker Slow Cooker cookbook. It's always a good dinner when you just dump it in the crockpot and forget about it until 5pm. :) Btw, that's a pic of the kind of crockpot I have right now...a Hamilton Beach Stay or Go, and I love it!


Chicken Alfredo Stew

1 jar Alfredo pasta sauce
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups refrigerated cooked diced potatoes with onions
1 1/4 lb skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables

In a small bowl, mix Alfredo sauce, water, basil and salt. In slow cooker, layer half each of potatoes, chicken strips, frozen veggies and pasta sauce. Repeat layers ending with pasta sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. My notes: This is very tasty and I didn't even follow the recipe very well. I didn't have any refrigerated potatoes and just used some diced fresh red potatoes. I also used some frozen thighs I had on hand, and about an hour before I served this up I took them out of the crock, removed the skin and bones, and replaced the meat. I also didn't do the whole "layering" part in the directions...just plopped it all in lol. Anyway, it turned out pretty tasty, especially with the hot cornbread I made to sop up the sauce with. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!