That's right, even homeschool moms need a little training, planning time, just plain break from school. :) My ds4 turned 4 today, and my ds3 turns 8 on the 17th. We are having their party the 11th. My dh has taken 3 days off to help get the house and yard in order so I am giving the boys the whole week off. I plan on spending several days making lesson plans, catching up on my homeschool reading (magazines, books, etc.), getting the schoolroom set up for fall, reviewing our first 9 weeks and tweaking things as necessary. This is just one of the things I love about homeschooling. When we need a break, we can take one! I'm going to make a to-do list of things, mainly for myself, that I hope to accomplish this week.
- read and clip info from piles of magazines and books on nightstand
- change bulletin board for new monthly themes
- update our nature study notebook
- create "theme boxes" to hold books and resources for the boys' monthly themes.
- make lesson plans and schedules for next 9 weeks
- renew prescriptions
- make yearly dr appt
- make boys' dr appt
- make ds1 dentist appt
- yard work
- shampoo carpets
- finish fall decorating
I'll be checking in plenty this week and hopefully we will see some progress! :)