Monday, October 6, 2008

Teacher In Service Week

That's right, even homeschool moms need a little training, planning time, just plain break from school.  :)  My ds4 turned 4 today, and my ds3 turns 8 on the 17th.  We are having their party the 11th.  My dh has taken 3 days off to help get the house and yard in order so I am giving the boys the whole week off.  I plan on spending several days making lesson plans, catching up on my homeschool reading (magazines, books, etc.), getting the schoolroom set up for fall, reviewing our first 9 weeks and tweaking things as necessary.  This is just one of the things I love about homeschooling.  When we need a break, we can take one!  I'm going to make a to-do list of things, mainly for myself, that I hope to accomplish this week.

Homeschooling

  • read and clip info from piles of magazines and books on nightstand
  • change bulletin board for new monthly themes
  • update our nature study notebook
  • create "theme boxes" to hold books and resources for the boys' monthly themes.
  • make lesson plans and schedules for next 9 weeks

Personal

  • renew prescriptions
  • make yearly dr appt
  • make boys' dr appt
  • make ds1 dentist appt

Party Prep

  • yard work
  • shampoo carpets
  • finish fall decorating

I'll be checking in plenty this week and hopefully we will see some progress! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!