Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Workbox System

Okay, so I did jump on the Workbox System bandwagon.  Ds3 has been using it this week.  Here are my thoughts on the system so far.

  1. 1.  It is pretty easy to set up, although buy more velcro then you think you will need.  Just sayin’.
  2. 2.  You can set this up without the book, but the book has lots of pics and reasons behind the whole system.  Also little ideas that make a big impact.  Otherwise it’s really geared toward beginning homeschoolers.
  3. 3.  One of those ideas is putting everything the child will need for the assignment in the box…including pencils.  This was like one of those "Ah Hah” moments for me.  I can’t tell you how much time we have wasted looking for supplies for school work.  I even went out and bought a ton of pencils so each box that needed one would have one. 
  4. 4.  Ds3 seems to really like it and ds4 wants to do it, too.  I’m kinda doing a trial run right now but will definitely implement it for both children when we start our new school year.

So, all in all I am on board with this system.  Sue Patrick is one smart lady. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!