Saturday, August 15, 2009

Homeschool Kindergarten: A for Apple

We officially started our new homeschool year this week.  Here is a look back.

IMG_2067 Ds4 actually restarted his schooling as we began his MFW Kindergarten a few months ago.  We picked up with lesson 4, A for Apple.  I bought several different varieties of apples and we had a testing and comparing session, followed by making applesauce.  Sorry no pics for the first day, ds1 had my camera. :)

IMG_2141 Oh, someone got a haircut!  Here is ds working on his cut and paste page…he says pasting is his favorite.

IMG_2147 Here he is with his completed apple badge.  It was his idea to add the green chenille stem and dinosaur stickers for decoration.  (Gee, do you think this kid likes SpongeBob? Oh I wish I could wear my pj’s all day!) 

IMG_2152 IMG_2153 This was my favorite part of the week’s lessons…we traced ds’s forearm and hand on a brown paper bag for tree roots and trunk.  Then we glued on some green paper on top for leaves and ds finger-painted red apples.  Too cute and such fun.  This is what I really love about the MFW program…it’s very hands on for both of us, not just lessons he does by himself or worksheets I hand out.

516XWRKWSZL__SL500_AA240_ This is the book we used.  Very cute and a great mix of story and info about apples.

I have both boys work on the same theme for science, history and geography.  This week we tackled animal classification, Indians of the Northwest and the oceans, continents and maps.

 IMG_2088 They made totem poles!  Ds4 opted for cute kitties and puppies on his. :)  It was a fun and successful first week back. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks like such a fun curriculum! I think I would enjoy doing these activities myself.
    DS looks very handsome with his new haircut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!