Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Weekly Weigh-In

Since I don’t count New Year’s as a “holiday” I can officially say, “I made it through the holidays without gaining weight.”  Woo hoo!  As a matter of fact I am down another pound.  153 is the official report.  Whew.  I did “indulge” a bit, having a slice of pie here and a cookie or two there (oh and my Mom’s dressing!) but I didn’t really overeat and I still exercised pretty faithfully.

I am beginning to actually see changes in my body.  I wore button up pants to our Christmas Eve gathering!  I am usually all about the elastic waist lol.  My Mom got me some exercise tops for Christmas and I don’t mind putting them on…usually I avoid anything snug-fitting at all costs.  So there is some definite progress going on.

This week I am going to weigh in on…weights!  I love working out with weights.  It doesn’t have to be on a bench in a gym or with barbells and all that.  Just a 1, 3 or 5 pound hand held weight can make all the difference in the world to your workout.  When you build muscle you increase your calorie burning abilities,  strengthen your bones and make every day life easier.  And you only have to use weights about twice a week to see results.  You can follow a dvd routine or just learn some of the basics and make a workout yourself.  Be sure and click over to Eclipsed and check out how others are weighing in this week.  :)

1 comment:

  1. WTG on being another pound down! I totally agree about weights. I actually love working out with them. If I could just workout with weights and skip the cardio I might actually enjoy exercising. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!