Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weekly Weigh In: The Biggest Loser

Scale-1

Our internet has been really goofy lately so I haven’t been able to visit much but I hope to remedy the problem today.  Anyway, I did make it to my goal, 150 for my annual checkup.  Stupid scale at the dr office said 153 but I was fully clothed (and had on those darn boots again…can’t help it, they are darn cute!)  My blood work came back super!  Low where it should be, high where it should be, etc.  I am on the brink of having a normal BMI as well…25.5 as opposed to 25.  My dr is very happy with my work.  The only problem was low red blood levels but hey, they did actually improve from last time (and I have always struggled a bit with anemia.)  Dr wants me to take a multi vitamin.  I’ll rant about that later lol.

Today I want to weigh in on a strictly fluffy subject…how about that episode of Biggest Loser last night?!?  What drama!  I felt that last season was finally starting to concentrate more on the weight loss but this season is starting off heavy on the drama, mama!  Jillian went way too far this time, trying her best to make Migdalia cry.  I understand she wants them to embrace their emotions, but there is a better way to do it.  Jillian said Migdalia’s daughter would turn out big just like her and like how Migdalia followed her own mom’s example.  Here in America, for some reason I never will understand, it is common to attack mothers, and say that their own personal faults make them poor mothers.  You are fat, you’re a bad mother.  You didn’t finish college, bad mother.  You don’t buy organic?  You didn’t breastfeed for 2 years?  You let your child sleep on it’s tummy?  Bad mother!  There is no one who can ever, EVER be the perfect mom.  And yet society pressures moms to be perfect every day!  Jillian should not have brought Migdalia and Miggy’s parenting into the mix.  That was a low blow.

Okay, rant over lol.  Oh, and I thought they for sure should have eliminated Michael.  Yep, he is the one who needs it the most.  Yep, he in physical danger with his weight.  But if you don’t put in the effort you should, if you don’t take COMPLETE advantage of the opportunity, then you should be booted.  The end.

Oh and that red team, MY WORD!  The only married couple on the show and they are such a poor representation of marriage.  They never encourage each other, don’t have each other’s backs, aren’t acting like a team, let alone a couple.  When they went to weigh in and Allison mentioned that only the husband’s weight loss would count, his wife looked over at him and ROLLED HER EYES!  Like, oh well, there goes the game.  And then she had the nerve to argue with Bob and Jillian when she only lost one pound (and that was the pound she gained last week!)  They have been upfront and said that their weight problems are affecting their marriage, but they aren’t even trying to work on either problem if you ask me.

Whew, okay, I feel better now. :)  I hope to post more later about my weight loss journey and some new tools I have found to help.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to get that off your chest! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I enjoyed your post. I love watching the Biggest Loser but since all the changes with the channels we don't get it channel 8 any longer and we don't have cable so I don't get to watch it )C:

    My pastors wife and daughter who are big on fitness and exercise have done a few "Biggest Loser" competitions at our church. They've gone for 2 months are great. I did it once and lost 10 pounds, which I gained back since when I was done I didn't exercise 4 hours or more a week. I'm now on a journey to lose it and another 30 pounds. I've decided my goals are going to be realistic so as not to be on a yo-yo of up and down. This may take me longer, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

    Great job on losing. I've enjoyed reading your posts and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch Biggest Loser, so I can't comment, but I do want to say CONGRATULATIONS to you! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!