Thursday, February 11, 2010

Book Review: Life As We Knew It

41VO5CIY-lL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_

I loved this book.  I did not want to put it down and finished it in 1 1/2 days, fitting it in at every spare moment I had.  I heard about it on a blog or message board somewhere and I tell ‘ya I never would have read it otherwise.  It’s the journal entries of a 16yo girl documenting the events in her life before and after a meteor hits the moon and wrecks havoc on the earth.  I know, it sounds really “sci-fi ish” or “end of the world” and super depressing.  Plus it’s labeled a “teen” book.  I never would be in the teen section of the library let alone pick up a book about meteors and the moon.

All that said, this is a wonderful page turner.  Not only because you are anxious to find out what happens, but because the characters are so well developed and the writing is spot on.  You become so involved with this family’s day to day efforts to survive and really believe in what is happening.  Turns out there are two more books in the series!  The second tells about the same events from a boy’s point of view and the third (due out this April) brings it all together.  I tell you I will be on the lookout for both books.  :)

IMG_5447 Winston the cat loved it, too (and he is a very well read cat!)

I picked this book up at the library and offer this review because I like to talk about books.  I hope you like it, too!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!