Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What’s On My Nightstand

Nightstand

I cannot believe it is time for this meme again.  Yea, I know, February is a short month, but still!

IMG_5980 On top we have The Touch by Colleen McCullough.  I am sooo enjoying this one right now!  McCullough (well known for The Thorn Birds) is just the best “historical” story teller ever.  I cannot imagine all the research she must do for these books, but she is a pro.  Next in line is Rainwater and Just Shy of Harmony, borrowed from the library.  Dh and I are reading Prime-Time Health, by Dr. William Sears (I won it from Pam’s site—thanks Pam!) and finding it helpful.  Lastly you see two recent finds at the local homeschool consignment shop, The Handbook of Nature Study and a science experiment book for the boys.  We have been following Barb’s Outdoor Hour series for a while now and it is based on The Handbook.  I always just referenced the free online version until now and am thrilled to have a hard copy of our own.

IMG_5982 This is the charm attached to my bookmark…perfect for my cat mom self lol.  Also, the cats love playing with it while I read.  Head over to 5 Minutes For Books and check out what is on everyone’s nightstand this month.  And by all means, join in!  Happy Reading.

3 comments:

  1. The Touch sounds good. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books won as prizes, picked up from the library and found at consignment shops- all perfect! Enjoy your reading this month, and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!