Last week I made a wonderful meal with the help of my favorite cooking magazine, Simple & Delicious.
Chicken Tortellini Alfredo From Simple & Delicious
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach or cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute broccoli and carrots in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute vegetables 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in Alfredo sauce and seasonings; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to chicken mixture. Toss to coat
Peanut Butter Pie From Simple & Delicious
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
The boys loved both dishes and I loved how easy they were to put on the table. Check out Sandra’s site for more Cooking Thursday.