Bright Ideas Press has a very useful new resource for homeschooling. WonderMaps is a customizable collection of over 350 different maps with nearly endless ways to incorporate map study into your lessons. Here are some details from the Bright Ideas website:
WonderMaps is designed with easy-to-use layers that allow you to enjoy great customizable features with just a click. Select:
- historical or modern-day maps
- outline, reference, political, or topographical maps
- black-and-white or color maps
- features including: names, borders, rivers, cities, physical features, and graticules
- 60+ maps of the world
- 60+ maps of the USA
- 125 historical maps, including 25 biblical maps
- The complete map sets from The Mystery of History vols. I–III and All American History vols. I & II
And here is a video tutorial about WonderMaps.
It didn’t take much time at all to find my way around this software and make use of it in our schooling! It’s been a big help for our SOTW studies and of course with ds3’s states study. Having WonderMaps keeps me from searching the internet for just the right map…I can make my own, to fit our specific lesson.
WonderMaps is available from the Bright Ideas Website for $49.95 (as just a download or download and cd.)
I was given a download of WonderMaps software to facilitate this review. I received no further compensation. To see other TOS Crewmember reviews of this product, click on the banner below.