Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs: Ten Timely Facts

hm10

 

The time will be changing again. I think on Sunday but not sure. Anyhow this is our 10th Homeschool Memoirs so this week it’s going to be about 10 timely facts about you! Write 10 interesting, crazy, weird, fun facts about you! Include facts about you as a woman, a wife, a mommy, a homeschooler, a homekeeper, a taxi-driver, a cook, etc . I only put 10 facts because I didn’t want to overwhelm you, but you’re welcome to do more!

1.  I have 4 older brothers and 4 sons.
2.  We live near the beach, but I have a fear of water.
3.  I never wear shoes in the house.
4.  I don't like soda...sweet tea is my favorite drink (other than water.)
5.  My first son was born overseas and has duel citizenship.
6.  I talk to my cats.
7.  I cannot leave the house without a cup of water and my sunglasses.
8.  I've lived through 5 big hurricanes in my life...Frederick (when I was young), Erin and Opal, both in 1995, Ivan in 2004 and Dennis in 2005.
9.  I have a brother named Dennis. :)
10.  I was pregnant with ds4 during hurricane Ivan.  No, his name is not Ivan. :)

That was fun, but a little hard.  I think it's too early in the morning for me to be called upon to be creative.  I look forward to getting to know the other HM participants better through this assignment.  :)

 

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I understand that too-early-in-the-morning thing! Sounds like you have lots of weather-related things in your life. That is very interesting! I also have 4 older brothers, but only 2 sons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fellow sweet tea drinker here as well . . . if I am out Chick fil a tea is the BEST! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun assignment! I love sweet tea, too. :) I was laughing about your point that you didn't name that child, Ivan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I would want to name any child after a hurrican either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sweet tea too. I enjoyed getting to know you better. Have a great week.

    Renee'
    http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like tea more than soda too. My favorite is raspberry!

    It was nice getting to know you!
    Prayers and Blessings,
    Miss Amanda
    http://superangelsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got 4 sons too...only one brother though....

    I've been through a few hurricanes when I was younger up in Maryland...don't remember the names though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I talk to my cat, too. Hubby still looks at me like I'm crazy. You'd think he'd be used to it by now.

    Enjoyed your list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hurricane stuff is so exciting. I wished I didn't like soda. I love my diet coke!

    Don't know if you accept them or not but I have given you an award! You have to scroll down a few entries to find it!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's funny. I think I am the only southener who doesn't drink sweet tea!
    I talk to my cats though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your list! I also love sweet tea (but really love Sonic's with their awesome ice).

    Thanks for sharing!
    Meredith
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/mamaduke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!