Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ow…But In A Good Way

I have been exercising faithfully for over a month now.  Haven’t lost a lick of weight (apparently you have to exercise and cut back on eating …geesh!) but I can definitely tell that I have more stamina, endurance and strength.  I had my checkup with my asthma doctor and even scored a whole point higher on my breathing test!  He said I didn’t need to see him again for a whole year…almost unheard of in his office lol.  Anyway, what I have been doing is following Fit tv.  And I buck all the advice and trends and exercise in the evening.  That’s right…no early- morning–get-up-before-the-kids-and-get-it-over-with for me.  It’s not that I’m not a morning person…I do get up before the kids.  I just don’t have the stamina to exercise that early.  I can do it, it just feels awful to me.  So I quit.  But now I do my workouts at 6pm and it feels great to me.  I have the energy to get through them and don’t feel wiped out afterward.  Funny I know, but for me that’s the way it is.

I have been following Cathe Friedrich.  She is tough!  I have to modify a lot, but I do get through her workouts.  I don’t know how she does it, but she can put a barbell with 40 pounds on it on her shoulders and do lunges and squats.  YIKES.  Me, I hold 3lb and sometimes 5lb hand weights.  Yesterday she did an all upper body workout called a pyramid, where you start out with light weights for 12 reps, medium weights for 8 and heavy weights for 8.  Then you work your way back down the pyramid.  Did you know you have muscles in your armpits?  I know now lol!  Ow!  But I love it.  It feels great to know my muscles are there.  This afternoon is the core workout…not my favorite, but she makes it interesting enough that I will trudge through.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!