Monday, June 29, 2009

Itch To Pitch Week 3: The Laundry Room

itchtopitch

This week I tackled the laundry room.  I have an adequate sized laundry room.  It fits a washer and dryer and came with a wire shelving system for storage.  My only problem with the shelving is that stuff does not sit properly…it falls over, knocks other stuff, etc. etc.

IMG_1478 Oh boy.  How can she find anything in that mess?  She can’t!

IMG_1479 Yikes!  Is that a Christmas popcorn tin?

I took everything off the shelves and put some old cardboard display boards from schooling on them to help things stay put.  It worked out nicely. :)

IMG_1480 It may not look much better, but it is.  I actually had room to move some things in from the garage that I needed closer access to.

IMG_1481

I had two garbage bags full to pitch…mostly empty cleaning stuff.  Thanks to The Happy Housewife for hosting this challenge…I don’t know how you do it in the middle of a move!  This is the third week of getting cleaned and organized and guess what?  Dh noticed lol!  We have a big cleaning session on Saturday mornings before my parents come over for a visit.  Dh went into the laundry room and found that not only had it been cleaned/decluttered, but that all the cleaning supplies he needed to tackle the bathroom were all together in one box!  “Wow, when did you do this?” :)  I think it’s safe to say I’ll be continuing to participate in this one lol.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, congratulations! I hope you gave dh a big kiss for noticing your hard work! --- I did the same thing with all my wire shelving. Some of it I even bothered to cover with that shelving paper. I also use any study cardboard box (like stuff from buying in bulk at Sam's) and cut it leaving some side edges for my pantry. Keeps things together and keeps things from falling thru the wires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I can see a big difference. I am curious, was there actually popcorn in that tin? :)
    Toni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!