Monday, June 29, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday: 4th Of July

muffin tin monday

This week’s theme for Muffin Tin Monday, hosted at Her Cup Overfloweth, is 4th of July!  Good golly, are you trying to tell me that June is really almost over?  Wow.  Well, here is my take on the theme.

IMG_1619 Can you believe I still haven’t found a small muffin tin for this project?  I even searched flea markets and nary a one.  Sigh.  But ds4 loves his Christmas platter and muffin liners so as long as he’s happy, I’m happy. :)  We went with vanilla yogurt with chopped strawberries and blue sprinkles on top, peanut butter toast with strawberry and grape jelly stripes, watermelon balls, cheese cutouts and a little mini candy bar (only thing blue I had on hand lol.)

IMG_1620 Looks a little unsure, doesn’t he?  It’s the white cheese.  He’s not a big fan of white cheese.  He did try it, though, I’ll give him that. :)  I look forward to visiting all the other muffin tin-ers this week, lots of creative moms out there!

10 comments:

  1. hahaha, it's so funny to see a 4th of july theme in a christmas tree! I've had a hard time finding new 6 cup tins too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you worked in the stars and stripes as well as the colours. Seeing your pic first had me thinking "what country has a pine tree as their national emblem???"
    Yeah it's hard to find tins! Over here they only come in twelves unless you buy individual silicon ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pb & j toast looks like a flag, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the star cheese cutouts. I haven't done cheese cutouts for MTM yet. That may be coming... it's a nice healthy option.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you incorporated "stars and stripes" and used the christmas platter and still made the theme work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you send me you email address? want to talk over MTM with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you looked at The Dollar Tree for the muffin tins?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The peanut butter toast was greatness! I'll have to make that for my girls, they would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I’m feeling hungry! Love those pics of Winnie asleep under the blanket. Drop me a line when you put up Cats On Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute lunch! I found a couple of my tins in the $1 section at Target. You could try there. You asked if I enjoyed "My Sister's Keeper"...I really did. I liked it a lot more than the movie! I went to see the movie this weekend with some friends and , while I liked it, I was disappointed because the ending was drastically changed. I'd recommend the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!