Friday, October 15, 2010

Live Blogging: HPP Update

Ack!  It is 9:36 a.m and I’ve encountered my first disaster.  The no bake cookies totally failed.  Check it out.

IMG_0448

The marshmallows would not melt!  The butter began to caramelize and just slosh around the marshmallows and not combine like the recipe said.  I spilled some of the chocolate chips on the stove but it didn’t matter, the chocolate seized up when I tried to add it to the marshmallow/butter mess.  I went ahead and added in the other ingredients, but there was no “dropping” onto the waxed paper…I had to scoop the mess up and mold it with my hand, place it on the paper and smoosh a candy corn on top.

IMG_0449 They are cooling in my fridge right now.  Don’t let the pretty little things fool you, they are crumbly gobs of who knows what.  Now I have to take a break, clean up and recoup.  Should I make more no bake cookies using my own tried and true recipe?  Should I just go with a whole other cookie recipe altogether?  Should I call it a day and go back to bed?  These and other questions will be answered in the next installment.

IMG_0447 IMG_0446

It’s not all bad news!  The Witches Fingers dough turned out very nicely and ds3 and ds4 have awakened and joined in on the fun.  Too cute, isn’t he?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!