Friday, November 5, 2010

TOS Product Review: Collectorz Book Collector

brand

As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Crew I was given the opportunity to try out a very useful resource for our homeschooling.  Collectorz.com offers easy to use cataloging systems for books, music, movies, comics and video games.  Everyone is covered with versions for Windows, Mac OS X and even online.  I got to give the Book Collector Pro Version a whirl.

book-overview-small It’s very simple to use, just enter in the ISBN code of your book, choose your book from the search results and all your book’s info will be added to your database.  There are even scanners available to enter in a large number of books with less effort.  If you have older books you may have to enter in the information manually.

You can then catalog your book by

    • Author
    • Title
    • Publisher
    • Publication Date
    • ISBN
    • Format
    • Genre
    • Subject
    • LoC Classification
    • Dewey

and see this kind of info about it.

  • Series
  • Volume
  • Edition
  • Printer
  • Paper Type
  • Dimensions
  • Original Title
  • Original Language

     

      I personally love the color pic of the book cover.  Seeing my book collection in that format is much more helpful to me than just a plain list.  This system is excellent for homeschoolers and especially helpful with lesson planning.   Using this system, I was able to see all the books I had on frogs for our nature study one week, and make note of which parts of The History Of US series I have and which I still need.   Believe me, Book Collector is much more than just a listing of the books on your shelf.  It can be an important tool to help you be a more organized and efficient homeschooler.

  • Collectorz.com offers a trial version with which you can enter up to 100 books and see for yourself how helpful the system can be.  The Standard Book Collector is $29.95 and The Pro Book Collector is $49.95.

    I was given The Book Collector Pro edition to facilitate this review.  I received no other compensation.  To see  other TOS Crew reviews click on the image below.

    HSCrewHeader

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by!