Wednesday, September 25, 2013

In The Name Of Knowledge

The boys have been plugging away at school, having more good days than bad, and for that I am thankful.  All my planning has paid off (for the most part) and I have been prepared enough to keep things flowing.  The other day, ds3 actually said that school had been fun, and we didn’t even do anything special.  Gotta love that.

However, we have been doing some fun things to help reinforce lesson plans. 

HPIM0011 HPIM0014 HPIM0016 Like using Oreos to chart the phases of the moon.  And of course eating the broken ones and the extra stuffing (that’s called preserving our resources folks.)    Oh, the sacrifices we homeschoolers make for our kids.  Sigh.  ;)

IMG_8180 Ds4 is making huge strides in his reading.  It amazes me how a child can go from struggling to read the most basic words, to *click* just getting it and reading big words he’s never even seen before.  He and ds3 both are reading books on their own this year in addition to the books I read to them during school.  I know a lot of kids do this from the get-go, but mine didn’t and now they do and I am beyond happy about it.  Ds4 is reading The Swiss Family Robinson and doing a great job with his cadence and expressions.  So far I am quite pleased with our curriculum choices and hope that the school year continues to be this productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!