Monday, May 18, 2009

Book Review: Miss Read Village Diary

 

15229248 This is the second Miss Read book I have read and it also happens to be the second in the Miss Read series.  I enjoyed this book a lot, even more than the introduction we got to the quaint world of Miss Read in the first book.  The book is very well written.  The characters are so fleshed out that each book in the series stands well on its own.  In this book we get to tag along for a year in the life of our dear country teacher.  It’s full of humor and is an enjoyable read.

srtmedium Okay, now is a good time to check in on my progress with the Spring Reading Thing.  Here is my original list:

Amy Knapp’s Family Organizing Handbook

Get Your Act Together

Absolutely Organized (I see some kind of trend here…)

The Devil In The Junior League

Miss Read Over the Gate

Miss Read Village Diary

The Reader

The Friday Night Knitting Club

I have read all but The Friday Night Knitting Club (started it, but just couldn’t get into it), The Devil In The Junior League, and Miss Read Over the Gate.  I need to add two different books to the list that I found since the challenge began; The Widow of the South (read and really liked) and On Gold Mountain (in the middle of reading right now, great also.)  Well then, I feel better.  I thought I was kind of behind, but it turns out I’m pretty much on track. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!