Friday, July 2, 2010

4th Of July Crafts

We have always enjoyed doing a little crafting for the 4th of July.  Here is last year’s version.  And the year before.  Look how small and cute ds4 is!  Sigh.  Now on to this year’s offerings.

IMG_0536 Family Fun has lots of neat ideas for our annual shirt painting.  This year we made star stencils on waxed paper, painted them a solid color and then splattered them with contrasting colors.

IMG_0538 IMG_0540

It’s a good idea to take the “splattering” step outside lol.

IMG_0546 IMG_0543 They turned out great!

I found this cute flag waver cheering thingy…love that it is made with cheap inexpensive materials.  While the boys and I enjoy crafting, it doesn’t make sense to me to spend a lot of money on something that just winds up in the trash anyway.  These, uh, whatever they are needed only newspaper, crepe streamers and glue.

IMG_0588

Very festive and fun.  I’m probably going to make a few extras for my nephews.  We will be spending the 4th at my brother’s for a pool party.  Then possibly coming home to shoot off some fireworks with another brother.  I have a never ending supply of brothers.  ;)   Happy 4th everyone!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!